Grandma Pillows

I absolutely love my bedding. Its from the Shabby Chic Collection at Target and so so fabulous. But shockingly, not everyone seems to love it! Our apartment has limited seating, so whenever we have people over to watch a movie they have to sit or lay on the floor. I love pillows, and my bed has quite the plethora, so naturally I bring them out for people to use to be more comfortable.

One night while watching a flick, I go to grab my pillows and what to my heartbroken ears should I hear upon returning? "Abby what the heck? Why do you have grandma pillows?"

Grandma pillows? Grandma pillows?!!!!!! "They're not grandma..... they're shabby chic!!!!"

So the above picture is my bedding, and so called grandma pillows.... pshhhh

 Am I crazy? (I used this picture specifically for my crazy eye quality) Below is the whole ensemble... People please.... I need your opinions. Have I been blindsided by my love for the Taj Mahal of superstores: Target, and their array of shabby chic bedding? I always joke that I'm 80 years old... but could it really be true? Painting nails, going to bed early, migrating to Florida, and buying grandma bedding!



I can't deny the fact that I have pictures of Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, James Dean, Gene Kelly, Walt Disney and the Beatles hung on my walls... (ugh I think I just dug myself into a hole there)... But I thought I had good taste in duvets. Let me know... I can take it.

FYI, there is a new love in my life. We met in Florida... her name is Lady. Is it unhealthy to buy a stuffed animal for yourself at the age of 20?


 Or to love it as much as a real dog? I must say we both have stunning eyelashes.

4 comments:

angie said...

Vintage grandma bedding is making a comeback! Don't sway! You just wait, if I am having a girl the new nursery will be shabby chic as well!

angie said...

Perhaps you should go buy some pillows that are hot pink zebra and say "Bratz" on them or something for company.

jamie lynne said...

that's shocking!
you can never go wrong with target anything, i must dismiss the grandma diss. though you really did dig yourself in a hole towards the end...

Unknown said...

Ok sorry I had to comment on this but you dont have facebook anymore and I thought you would think this is interesting. I found this on wikipedia.
The majority of Disney's villain characters are regarded as being age 55 or older. A study from Brigham Young University reviewed seventy years of Disney films, and found that 42% of the 93 characters reviewed reinforced negative stereotypes of elderly people by portraying those characters as evil or sinister. The conclusion was that Disney was influencing children to have preconceived notions about all older adults.[18]

Disney Villains proved their mark in cinematic history when the American Film Institute named The Queen as the 10th greatest movie villain of all time. Other Disney Villains on AFI's list were Bambi's Hunter and Cruella de Vil.[19] AFI did not rely on Disney's classification of who qualified as a villain, but used this definition instead:

a "villain" was defined as a character(s) whose wickedness of mind, selfishness of character and will to power are sometimes masked by beauty and nobility, while others may rage unmasked. They can be horribly evil or grandiosely funny, but are ultimately tragic.