Food Fight

This weekend I had some time on my hands since everyone and their dog left town for the holiday. So naturally this is what I researched all weekend... food. I love Cafe Rio. Don't even try to make me eat Costa Vida, Bajio, Barbacoa, or any of those other lame imitators. Cafe Rio has the best tortilla shells known to man. And sadly I now know why!!! 420 calories goes into that delicious tortilla and there is even more in the whole wheat version. My favorite Pork Barbacoa salad has 1,240 calories with everything on it, but I usually put my own spin on it. I get the whole wheat tortilla, black beans, pork, lettuce, pico, lime, cilantro, and it still comes to 800 calories... thats with using no dressing at all! Dang those delicious tortillas!

Now onto another favorite! The Hawaiian Pizza from CPK. I can finish anything you put in front of me... including a CPK personal sized pizza, which the term "personal size" at CPK means can feed two or three, or a small village somewhere in the abyss. 1055 calories.... oh cripes!!!

Ok now onto the heavy weight champion when it comes to high caloric food items.... The Carrot Cake from Cheesecake Factory... drumroll please......... 1,549 calories! You could either eat this one slice of cake ... or.... eat 1 Big Mac, 1 large fry, diet coke, southwestern salad (with no chicken), and a snack size oreo mcflurry for the same amount of calories. Or to put it into even better perspective you could eat THREE and a half Veggie Delight FOOT LONGS from Subway. 

Talk about sheer food madness... Michael Phelps is probably the only person who could eat all of this as he consumes 12,000 calories a day. Ugh... that makes me ill. I'm going to the gym.

1 comment:

jamie lynne said...

you woulddd. this is one post that i truly wish i did not see.
but of course i justify my cafe rio binges by telling myself i get the wheat tortilla, no rice, etc...unfortunately, unlike you, i DEVOUR that dressing.
miss you! you often come into conversation and my family just really wants to meet the infamous abby!
see you manana!