Dreamland

Lately I've been doing a lot of introspective thinking. I'm notorious for always having having some new idea practically every month of what I want to do with my life... BYU Hawaii, Art History Study Abroad, London Study Abroad, Canada, Disney, Flight Attending- all ideas that have circulated in my head over the past year. But I have come to the conclusion of what I want to do...Culinary School.

I may have a slight obsession with baking as I stock food blogs every waking moment, read cookbooks like novels (over and over again), wander around Borders and Barnes and Noble in the cooking section, and fantasize about sweets 24/7. I was discussing with a friend at work what vocation I would be happy with doing for the rest of my life..... the only thing that I could think of that would make me truly happy was cooking. I don't have too many other natural talents to my name so I guess you've got to work with what you've got right? And you can't exactly make a career out of quilting.

I've already inquired into some schools and now they won't leave me alone! I haven't yet decided whether to focus on culinary or patisserie- I already know how to bake desserts well enough and I'd love to learn more, yet I also could use the knowledge when cooking actual meals. I'm not looking for anything fancy, but that meets this criteria.... cheep, warm location, somewhat close to Utah. I discovered that living across the country doesn't award you many visitors. California, Oregon, Washington, or VANCOUVER would suffice.

So as for now my life plan is as follows... Conquer BYU, master the culinary arts, bask in the light of my Disney benefits, and become Giada! Yes... this is me in approximately three-four years... hmm I look pretty happy :)

3 comments:

angie said...

I was just reading your blog yesterday thinking, "Hmmm, she sure is obsessed with cooking food these days." This will suit you well!

Denise said...

Wow I would love that. DO IT! Then you could come and cook fabulous meals for me!!! How fun. I still didn't get any of your wonderful sweets on Valentine's.

tori said...

I remember sitting next to you on the bus ride home one night. It was one of those times where you wait through three A buses, finally pushing and shoving enough to make it on the fourth one. I remember asking you if you knew of any good restaurants that I could take my family to when they came to visit. You named at least ten restaurants and spent the next twenty minutes describing the look, taste, texture and smell of the meals you had eaten at each one. I remember liking you a little bit more after that conversation.

And that's why I support this decision. I think you will make a great chef.

Have you applied for the Disney culinary program? Do they have one in California or just Florida?