Rex Lee Run 10K

So I ran in my very first race this saturday and I am quite content with the results. It was challenging, I'm not going to lie. Especially since I have been running every morning inside on the tredmill instead of outside...its just not warm enough yet! And this was also the longest distance I've run in a while since I hurt my knee skiing...but a doctors visit, two x-rays later, and 800mg of Ibprofen I am good as new.

Results: I finished 58/146 in my age division and 286/535 overall. Which means I'm pretty average I guess. However I am quite proud of my time- 6.2 miles in 49:47 minutes which averages to about 8.2 mph. Most likely a personal best from me so I am rejoicing.

I can't wait to do another race... and I am weighing my options as to which one I will do next. I really want to do the Utah Valley 1/2 marathon on June 12- it starts in Vivian Park and ends at Provo Towne Center Mall. Could you ask for a better race? With The Sweet Tooth Fairy as my end location you know I'm going to run fast! This makes getting up before 6:30 am every morning and hauling it to the gym in the bitter cold for the past three months worth every lost minute of shuteye.

1 comment:

tori said...

Oh, and unfortunately, Jordan's hemp bracelet broke. That picture was taken on my last day in Florida (tear) at the famous CiCi's.

Speaking of pizza places, have you tried Craigo's in Provo? If you haven't, I highly recommend going... immediately. It's all you can eat, they have dessert pizza that's delicious, and they also make wonderful potato pizza. You should probably request it and then hog the entire pan of it.

Just thought I'd share since we have established the fact that you like food and all.

And congrats on the marathon! :)