Can you say Guilty Pleasure? Holla!

I have decided that every so often I will post a guilty pleasure... things that although I may be embarrassed about, are the essence of my being. And as this is the first post I shall indulge by revealing three.

Guilty Pleasure # 1
Singing at the top of my lungs. Ever since I was about 14 I've enjoyed singing at the top of my lungs while I was alone in the house. I've been caught singing many times and have been truely embarrassed. I love to sing.. but don't let others hear me. I am actually better about it now, ever since American Idol... but thats another story. Now since I don't have an empty house to sing in.. the only place to sing is my car. I am the girl you see singing with all her might alone in her car as she's headed down the freeway... to what? You guessed it... Taylor Swift. I'm actually somewhat of a Taylor Swift hater as she previously stole my main Jonas Brother, yet I have to admit... her songs are great for pity parties to spill your tears on your steering wheel to.

Guilty Pleasure # 2
The Jo Bros. I can't help it. I don't know why, but the Jonas Brothers ensnared me with their Christian charm around two years ago. I was convinced I would see them while at Disney, but alas I was disappointed. Is it their music? no not so much... they really aren't good. Is it their voices? no--------Nick has the most winey voice on planet earth. Because they've been to the year 3000? no. Their hair? He-----ck No. I can't explain it, but one of my most prized possessions is my JB metal lunch box. Don't judge.
I love them even when they look like this.... It is something that can't be justified so I won't even try.

Guilty Pleasure #3
Reality TV. You name it I've watched it. Period. American Idol, Big Brother, Survivor, The Amazing Race, Biggest Loser, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, Dancing with the Stars, America's Best Dance Crew, So You Think You Can Dance, Beauty and the Geek, Keeping Up With the Kardashians... I could even go on but I figure I have already made myself appear as quite the dweeb so I'll put my marathon list at its finish.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Hilarious! I love most of those reality shows too! I love Taylor Swift and the brothers are better now that their hair isn't ridiculous! They still bug though! Glad you are so honest.

Amanda Swafford said...

I'm a HUGE, mostly closeted Jonas Brothers fan.

I keep waiting for them to sell out and ditch their purity rings so that I won't have to like them anymore, but so far they still seem pretty moral and that just makes them even more adorable.