Rugby

I went to a BYU Rugby yesterday at Rio Tinto Stadium and it was pretty awesome. Not only was it my first time in the actual stadium since it was built, but was my first rugby game ever. Let me tell you, it is the coolest/roughest/most entertaining sport.


Cute players, knee socks, short shorts, unparalleled athleticism are what make this sport great. This "move" in the picture below is hilarious to watch. I don't know the name of it, but I termed it "the mermaid". Men shooting up out of the crowd to get the ball, I guess rugby players give yell-leaders a run for their money. But it looks quite painful... no?


Anyways, these players were in such good shape it made me tired just watching them. They sprinted like cheetahs. None of us knew the actual rules of the game so we mostly enjoyed nicknaming the players, cringing at the hard hits and then watching the players roll on the field in sheer agony while the game continued on as if no one was injured. Just some of the nicknamed players were Rufio, Avatar, nice shoes, and Butch, why didn't we refer to them by their numbers? Because thats no fun at all is it? I would highly recommend going to one of their games.

4 comments:

Lizzle said...

Oh baby I love rugby now! I can't wait to pester Shaun about the rules in class in 12.5 hours :) I wanna see the Haka everyday of my life!

Kate Smith said...

Abby I miss your fresh face! And that carrot cake below looks amazing! When will you and lizzle come visit? Disneyland is only 90 miles away....

jamie lynne said...

mm mm, i want me a rugby boy. i'll have to tag along next time.

Elora said...

Ohh rugby. I'm converted to the sport now :)