Guilty Pleasure #7: Free Samples!

Free samples are simple stated one of life’s many joys. I live for them. When I lived in Florida I certainly thrived and survived at times off of them. I must say that now I have toned down my constant need and abuse of free samples, but that doesn’t mean that it is any less fun.

Where do I sample?

Costco, Sams Club, Target, Great Harvest, Sees, food courts, Le Gourmet Chef, Harry and David, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, frozen yogurt places, The Sweet Tooth Fairy, Sunflower Market, Good Earth Grocery Stores, the BYU career fair, and the BYU housing fair. The BYU housing fair was the best sampling session I have ever been apart of. They are throwing doughnuts, cookies, popcorn, tacos, ice cream bars, candy bars, and coconut macaroons practically in your face. If you are looking for a good time in January you’re so invited to come to the housing fair with yours truly.

There is something about free food that is just so satisfying. Sampling is ideal because I get to eat a small portion of foods that I normally don’t buy for my belt buckles sake and I feel guilt free. Most impressive free samples from Costco have been: a quarter piece of a hamburger, hot cinnamon rolls, whole creamies, sushi, full size maple leaf shaped cookies, and bagels. Sampling tip: go right before a big holiday weekend! Costco pulls out all the stops!

Oh and case you were wondering all Costco’s sample the same food on the same day. Its been tested. Lets just say that I know the sample people at Orem’s Costco and they recognize me. I don’t abuse the system I just utilize it while I am there. Who can say no to a free sample?

Now if you wanted to be dishonest you could eat every day for free on BYU’s campus by going to the countless lectures held every day that are catered with pizza, veggies, and fruit afterward. I don’t and have never done that… but it is actually a pretty good idea.

3 comments:

Lizzle said...

I will be right there with you at the housing fair. Maybe next time they'll have a t-shirt or something. I love free samples almost as much as i love free shirts.

jamie lynne said...

mm those maple cookie samples were the best...even when we got to the third costco :]
but abby, i hope when you're getting these samples you're purchasing an item as well...i mean, that's so bad. thats like stealing. going into a frozen yogurt place without buying yogurt?! ill report you for violation of the honor code !

Abby said...

haha oh Jamie! :)