Winter Time Is Here

Winter time is upon us now. Regrettably so, as it is my least favorite season. My house got 9 inches earlier this week! And before Halloween? It should be a crime. As the muppets put it… it chills me to the bone. So much so, that my personal heater for some years now has become my blow dryer. It is the perfect portable heater, but what I really want is one of those hair salon blow dryers… you know the ones you can sit under. (Um Santa please take note on this one)

That’d be the day! I’m always talking about how when I finish school I’m moving to Canada… and my family just laughs. If I can barely handle Utah cold how could I handle Canada cold! They are right, I’d probably be found frozen mid-stride on my way to a maple fest or something. Anyways I’m getting beside the point.

Every time I open the door to my apartment to brave the cold I feel like I am stepping into a giant walk in freezer. It is just horrible. Winter is like being on the frozen isle of grocery but for FIVE + months! I brought this topic up in conversation with my dad the other day. I asked him out of jest if he though people lived longer in colder climates, in the same sense that food in better preserved in the freezer. His response was, “well I don’t know, there are an awful lot of old people living in Arizona and Florida.” I love my dad.

Two pairs of socks, uggs, underarmor, two pairs of sweatpants (or stretchy pants if its a good day), undershirt, t shirt, sweatshirt, beenie on, sweatshirt hoodie up, ski coat, ski coat hood up, mittens, and a scarf and I’m good to go. I won’t blame you if you don’t wave to me on my way to campus, you probably won’t recognize me.

At least its almost Christmas Yay! Oh ya, word on the street is that another epic dessert party like last years Valentines Extravaganza (only this time Christmified to the max) is being schemed by a Miss Abby W. no make that A. Wheatley. Ps. on November 1st Christmas music will be making an ultimate comeback in my life!

2 comments:

jamie lynne said...

haha you would be going to a maple fest.
&& yayy for christmas! 56 days! we need the countdown back on the white board...not silly halloween nonsense.
woo woo--so excited for the dessert partayyy !

Karla said...

You need a warmer coat and warm boots, go shopping!